- I have been posting 90% my own shit lately, but honestly, I just have a lot to share. I need to stop feeling guilt about it, I mean that’s why you’re here and besides it’s not like we all don’t scroll past each other so fucking fast that we barely catch a thing.
- Current events are depressing, polarizing, I don’t feel qualified to speak on most of it, and it’s painful enough to read, I don’t want to be the guy that reminds you of how awful everything in the world really is sometimes. I keep writing posts and deleting them. There is a lot, my tumblr feed is very death-heavy, I think it’s good to stay current and I am current, but also, sometimes I miss just looking at cute selfies of everyone.
- My social life is nice and fun and I am happy to have friends in different places, but I definitely work a lot. Too much. Work is getting me down. When I am not in the office I am keeping busy with my little stuff, I plan weekends around the post office and other projects. But I’m headed to Baltimore with my boyfriend this long weekend and am very excited for that. I actually haven’t been since February and that is the longest stretch since I moved to New York.
9:41 pm • 27 August 2014 • 30 notes
#gif #life #jk #tl;dr #baltimore #work #aboutme
I hung out with NYLON & took them to my favorite places for the august Reebok Classics min-mag in the August issue. Still pinching myself.
9:51 am • 1 August 2014 • 44 notes
#adam j. kurtz #nylon magazine #thisisclassic #aboutme #gpoyw
Anonymous said: how to buy if I am from another country? :D
how to buy what? ok i will post links and talk about my shit some more:
- ADAMJK INTERNET GIFT SHOP
this is where you can buy my small-run art things directly from me, including limited run prints and multiples, t-shirts, pencils, and anything else i have felt like making. i will ship anywhere in the world except apparently my shit just won’t ever be delivered in dubai so don’t bother.
- hello hi sure yes ok
this is my zazzle shop, which is a print-on-demand website of pretty decent quality and where i put up designs that are too weird or ridiculous to produce in large quantities. some of these items never sell at all, but there are some gems and you might like something. i make about $1 per sale so this is about jokes, not money.
- 1 Page at a Time: A Daily Creative Companion
this is an upcoming journal/doodle book that i made with penguin random house, on the perigeebooks imprint. it will be available “wherever books are sold,” and is currently available for pre-order from most websites. a portuguese edition, Uma Pagina De Cada Vez, will be out next month from companhia das letras (paralela imprint) and is available for pre-order from major brazilian outlets
- adam j. kurtz, human being
this is a moderately-okay person you can talk to, he is 25 and lives in new york. he is not for sale and is not a business or a brand just a guy. being him is exhausting sometimes for a multitude of reasons. he is very tired right now.
3:04 pm • 21 July 2014 • 15 notes
#ask #aboutme #adamjk #for sale
LVL3 Spotlight on Adam J. Kurtz
On April 4 & 5, Adam J. Kurtz of NYC joins Designers talking as the second visiting designer in the series. LVL3 of Chicago recently published an interview with the artist and designer, which you can read here. Enjoy!
Midwest is best! LVL3 Gallery in Chicago posted an interview with me this week, and I’ll be joining Designers talking in early April at The Pitch Project in Milwaukee.
11:52 am • 2 March 2014 • 18 notes
#adamjk #aboutme #actually a really cute interview
SFS Contest submission: ADAMJK
This next submission from Adam JK, a designer and maker of short-run paper goods from Brooklyn, NY is another favorite. Adam runs an “internet gift shop" out of his small apartment and uses that limited space to inspire his tiny creations. Making clever trinkets with very personal themes, Adam encourages shoppers to stop for a second and smile… then wonder if he’s just crazy.
Exit through Adam’s gift shop here: http://shop.adamjk.com
Rob Brulinski made this short video about my tiny bedroom and shop a few weeks ago, check it out if you like videos where I talk about myself.
2:38 pm • 20 February 2014 • 39 notes
#video #aboutme #adamjk #big cartel #rob brulinski
from the current issue of @putaeggonit food zine, spotted by my housemate @chrismuccioli
3:03 pm • 17 February 2014 • 24 notes
#aboutme #put a egg on it #gpoyw #instagram
I’ve completed 120 “week in scraps” collages since August 31st, 2011, one per week with the exception of a single collage for January 2013. The best thing about doing this is being able to give focus to the overlooked ephemera of daily life, and find new ways to treasure small things. Some weeks are boring, but it’s always honest. You can see each individually here.
Along the way I’ve been very inspired by other artists’ work. Janice Wu does gorgeous watercolor illustrations of “seemingly worthless objects.” Nicole Lavelle uses collected objects and scraps to perfectly compliment the sentimentality of her work. Jason Bartell does meticulous charcoal drawings of bands’ set lists. Kate Bingaman-Burt has drawn a daily purchase for over six years!
Photographer Devin Castro has been following this blog for a few years now, and three months ago he started posting his own week in scraps on instagram. His #myweekinscraps hashtag has taken off, and there are currently over 350 different collections! It caught me by surprise, but it’s so awesome to see these from others, especially transit tickets from other cities, which is my favorite!
Share your own with hashtag #myweekinscraps on tumblr, instagram, or anywhere else. It’s amazing what you can make out of almost nothing at all.
12:50 pm • 15 January 2014 • 135 notes
#week in scraps #artists on tumblr #adam j. kurtz #jk #opinions #aboutme
adamjk / totes secret unlockable costume
blast from the past/present, this gif from last winter is based on a drawing from 2011 based on a photo from 2010.
10:04 pm • 2 January 2014 • 31 notes
#gpoyw #topher mcculloch #gif #aboutme