Introducing the Casetify Monday Artist: Adam J. Kurtz.
Every Monday on Casetify, you can get a deal of $10 for an awesome case designed by our distinguished artists. It’s called Casetify Monday.
This week, we chose Adam J. Kurtz, He’s a pretty cool ‘Graphic Internet Artist’ based in NYC.
Here is our interview with Adam.
1) How do…
reblogging because #11
11:05 pm • 20 September 2014 • 31 notes
#forgot about this #aboutme
- I have been posting 90% my own shit lately, but honestly, I just have a lot to share. I need to stop feeling guilt about it, I mean that’s why you’re here and besides it’s not like we all don’t scroll past each other so fucking fast that we barely catch a thing.
- Current events are depressing, polarizing, I don’t feel qualified to speak on most of it, and it’s painful enough to read, I don’t want to be the guy that reminds you of how awful everything in the world really is sometimes. I keep writing posts and deleting them. There is a lot, my tumblr feed is very death-heavy, I think it’s good to stay current and I am current, but also, sometimes I miss just looking at cute selfies of everyone.
- My social life is nice and fun and I am happy to have friends in different places, but I definitely work a lot. Too much. Work is getting me down. When I am not in the office I am keeping busy with my little stuff, I plan weekends around the post office and other projects. But I’m headed to Baltimore with my boyfriend this long weekend and am very excited for that. I actually haven’t been since February and that is the longest stretch since I moved to New York.
9:41 pm • 27 August 2014 • 30 notes
#gif #life #jk #tl;dr #baltimore #work #aboutme
I hung out with NYLON & took them to my favorite places for the august Reebok Classics min-mag in the August issue. Still pinching myself.
9:51 am • 1 August 2014 • 45 notes
#adam j. kurtz #nylon magazine #thisisclassic #aboutme #gpoyw
I got to meet Adam Kurtz this weekend, who despite his balloon, is not an asshole and a rather nice individual. He’s one of the people who really inspires me in this messy place called the internet, right in line and in ways that authors and artists Austin Kleon and Jessica Hagy have. There’s something so frank, funny, and transparent in the work he creates; I wish more people followed suit.
Anyways, it’s really awkward and awesome meeting someone who you feel like you know after following their work on the internet. But awkwardness typically leads to really interesting things.
Adam’s book is coming out in October and you should definitely pre-order it here. I did a few weeks ago and I can’t wait to read it.
Adam - thanks for being so friendly and for smiling for a photo. :)
wowwwww so nice! i had a really nice time at pete’s mini zine fest, it’s always a smaller, cuter event and a good chance to meet and actually talk to people. meghan had a super sweet camera and came through taking photos. a perfect document of a great afternoon. thanks!
11:40 am • 30 July 2014 • 26 notes
#PMZF #meghan kathleen #gpoyw #aboutme
Anonymous said: how to buy if I am from another country? :D
how to buy what? ok i will post links and talk about my shit some more:
- ADAMJK INTERNET GIFT SHOP
this is where you can buy my small-run art things directly from me, including limited run prints and multiples, t-shirts, pencils, and anything else i have felt like making. i will ship anywhere in the world except apparently my shit just won’t ever be delivered in dubai so don’t bother.
- hello hi sure yes ok
this is my zazzle shop, which is a print-on-demand website of pretty decent quality and where i put up designs that are too weird or ridiculous to produce in large quantities. some of these items never sell at all, but there are some gems and you might like something. i make about $1 per sale so this is about jokes, not money.
- 1 Page at a Time: A Daily Creative Companion
this is an upcoming journal/doodle book that i made with penguin random house, on the perigeebooks imprint. it will be available “wherever books are sold,” and is currently available for pre-order from most websites. a portuguese edition, Uma Pagina De Cada Vez, will be out next month from companhia das letras (paralela imprint) and is available for pre-order from major brazilian outlets
- adam j. kurtz, human being
this is a moderately-okay person you can talk to, he is 25 and lives in new york. he is not for sale and is not a business or a brand just a guy. being him is exhausting sometimes for a multitude of reasons. he is very tired right now.
3:04 pm • 21 July 2014 • 16 notes
#ask #aboutme #adamjk #for sale
LVL3 Spotlight on Adam J. Kurtz
On April 4 & 5, Adam J. Kurtz of NYC joins Designers talking as the second visiting designer in the series. LVL3 of Chicago recently published an interview with the artist and designer, which you can read here. Enjoy!
Midwest is best! LVL3 Gallery in Chicago posted an interview with me this week, and I’ll be joining Designers talking in early April at The Pitch Project in Milwaukee.
11:52 am • 2 March 2014 • 18 notes
#adamjk #aboutme #actually a really cute interview
SFS Contest submission: ADAMJK
This next submission from Adam JK, a designer and maker of short-run paper goods from Brooklyn, NY is another favorite. Adam runs an “internet gift shop" out of his small apartment and uses that limited space to inspire his tiny creations. Making clever trinkets with very personal themes, Adam encourages shoppers to stop for a second and smile… then wonder if he’s just crazy.
Exit through Adam’s gift shop here: http://shop.adamjk.com
Rob Brulinski made this short video about my tiny bedroom and shop a few weeks ago, check it out if you like videos where I talk about myself.
2:38 pm • 20 February 2014 • 39 notes
#video #aboutme #adamjk #big cartel #rob brulinski
from the current issue of @putaeggonit food zine, spotted by my housemate @chrismuccioli
3:03 pm • 17 February 2014 • 24 notes
#aboutme #put a egg on it #gpoyw #instagram