week in scraps:
- old school haunts
- philly parking meter ticket
- dodo reporter, reporting
- golden west breakfast
- post-party pizza
- urban outfitters visitor badge
- momo with tuesday
- bought onesie pajamas
- momo with tuesday again
- birthday gift from bubby
- late-night cab ride from work
12:00 am • 15 October 2014 • 41 notes
#week in scraps #life #philly #baltimore #food #momo sushi shack #tuesday bassen
We visited Adam J. Kurtz’s studio and we are in love.
UO came to hang (and snoop) in Brooklyn the other weekend, and this is what they found: piles of scraps, postcards, my friends’ zines, and a cat.
8:02 pm • 14 October 2014 • 1,410 notes
#urban outfitters #aboutme #adam j. kurtz #adamjk #artists on tumblr #art #design #colours #life
The 1 PAGE AT A TIME book release on Tuesday was incredible! I have never felt more supported and loved in my entire life. It was like my Bar Mitzvah and college graduation rolled into one, except there was more beer and more bananas. Comedian Kate Berlant fucking killed it (no surprise) and then designer Jessica Walsh and I had a hilarious chat about making work that’s personal, human, and tries to help people… plus neopets, and how weird the internet can be.
Thanks so much to everyone who came to powerHouse Arena in Brooklyn to hang out, celebrate, and buy the book! Can’t believe people wanted their copies signed, that will take some getting used to for sure.
There are three more book parties, so come drink, draw, and hang out in Baltimore, Portland, and Salt Lake City. It’s all free, and details are here.
11:11 am • 9 October 2014 • 46 notes
#1 page at a time #jk1page #jessica walsh #books #powerhouse arena #life
- So many incredible things happening at once. Most of all, the release of my book 1 PAGE AT A TIME by Penguin Random House! It’s a weird, personal, introspective, fun creative journal and I can’t believe they let me make it. I can’t believe I got a book deal. I can’t believe it’s going to be out in the world on October 7th and people will own it. I can’t believe it’s being translated into different languages. I’m going on a small book tour. I never thought I would be a published artist/author… it’s crazy.
- I’m learning the power of just… asking. Jessica Walsh, who is such a fucking superstar talented designer smart person is going to have a chat at my book release party in NYC. My favorite comedian Kate Berlant is performing at the same event. James Victore recently tweeted “adamjk does not fuck around.” Michelle Branch posted my book. I love Michelle Branch!
- Most important of all are the anniversaries. A year at my full-time advertising job. Two years with an amazing guy who I am still totally obsessed with. Approaching three years in New York. I’ll be 26 years old this month and it all feels incredible. I can’t believe this is my life.
4:41 pm • 3 October 2014 • 886 notes
#gif #life #tl;dr #aboutme #jk1page #1 page at a time #talking about feelings #jk
I made this weird little yellow planner for my friends when I worked at a copy center… 3 years later it’s grown into 1 PAGE AT A TIME, published by PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE & being translated into 5 languages. life is fucking crazy and you never really know what you’re making until later.
9:18 am • 2 October 2014 • 99 notes
#tbt #jk1page #instagram #life #jk
week in scraps:
- booze & ice cream at shoo-fly diner
- labor day weekend social calendar
- a tiny measuring cup at trohv
- chicken sliders & cappuccino chips at royal farms
- two crepes at sofi’s
- barbecue supplies at eddie’s market
- admission for three at skateland
- brunch at the food market
- a very incorrect receipt at paper moon diner (why would you ever order the nachos?)
9:12 pm • 2 September 2014 • 25 notes
#week in scraps #jk #baltimore #adam j. kurtz #myweekinscraps #art #design #life
ROLLER DERPY (photo by @autsivongxay) (at Brooklyn Bridge Park Pier 2)
10:55 pm • 17 August 2014 • 19 notes
#instagram #friends #life
week in scraps:
- theatre with mitchell
- movies with mitchell
- lunch with mitchell
- goodbye dinner
8:59 pm • 16 July 2014 • 29 notes
#week in scraps #life #boyfriend #jk
pondering a sustainable and positive future for america lol jk
4:50 pm • 5 July 2014 • 45 notes